Ah, IKEA… the magical store that always seems to have the solution to all your household needs. From furniture to utensils, they’ve got your back and all at a decent price point. I was noticing today how much we have really gotten from there and how much I really enjoy those pieces. I thought I’d share some of my favorite finds.
I would have to say my favorite thing is the Hemnes collection. All of our furniture pieces have come from that collection. I like the classic look, the hardware, and that it is made out of real wood. It best fits my style and blends in nicely with other items I have (cough, roadside treasures, cough).
1. My top favorite would have to be this Hemnes shoe cabinet.
We have it in our hallway, and people always ask about it. They are shocked when they find out it has shoes in it!
It is slim, and fits well in the entryway we have. The lack of back feet makes it easy to install right agains the wall. The “drawers” open out on a hinge and have a tone do space inside for your shoes.
It is excellent when you don’t have a mud room!
They also have a larger version of this cabinet plus a few other shoe cabinet styles of this one isn’t quite what you’re shooting for.
2. 5. My other picks from that same Hemnes collection are the T.V. console and console table in our living room. I like that they are made of solid wood and don’t have the plastic-y look that a lot of IKEA furniture can have.
The T.V. console has been updated, and I kind of love it! It now features a wooden top instead of the solid white that we have.
We had initially planned on using the regular console table for under our T.V. when we moved it to the wall, but it turned out that the spaces at the top were not wide enough for some of our electronics. We picked up the T.V. console version and it worked out perfectly.
3. I love IKEA’s faux potted plants. They’re inexpensive and beautiful. I have two different types, but they have several available, and they’re only $5!
They’re perfect for a nice pop of green in vignettes.
I almost always have it in my mantle decor.
They are great as a stand alone item or in groupings like I did for a tablescape last fall.
4. This enamel white SOCKERÄRT pitcher is another favorite of mine. It’s simple and versatile.
I love using it as a vase…
…or a utensil holder in the kitchen.
It’s also food safe, so it’s perfectly fine to use as an actual pitcher as well! It’s available in two sizes; I have the larger 8 3/4″ one.
5. These simple BORRBY lanterns are a great pic. Their silhouette makes them versatile for many different decor styles.
Mine live out on our front porch and are styled with candles and plants (even Christmas ornaments one year)
6. The KNIPSA baskets in the console table house toys, and are my last pick of my favorite IKEA items.
I like that they are pretty and fit my decor better than a traditional canvas style. I will give this warning- they has a very strong “grassy/straw” smell when you first open them. They just need a little time to air out, and the smell dissipates. They are also about $10 cheaper than the baskets I was looking at in Target to serve the same purpose.
If you liked checking out my favorites, you’ll love looking through the latest catalogue that was just sent out recently.
If you have any favorites from IKEA, I’d love to hear them so I can check the out too!